Policies & Regulations
Policies & Regulations > Visa Policies
 Visa Policies 

In accordance with The Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China, foreigners must apply for visas from Chinese visa authorities in foreign countries before entering China. After admission, international students who apply for full-time study in the Institute must apply for X1 visa from local Chinese embassies or consulates with a valid ordinary passport. Any change of visa status or extension is subject to the approval of Entry-Exit Administration Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau once international students are already in China.

The Institute provides admitted students with Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201 or JW202). Students should consult local Chinese embassies or consulates for information on other materials, procedures and fees required for X1 visa application.

Students must obtain residence permit via the Institute before studying on campus. The validity of the residence permit should be in consistency with the length of schooling.

Students should keep copies of passport, visa, and residence permit which will serve as proof of ID in case of loss of passport, passport renewal or extension. If the passport is lost or damaged, students should obtain a Certificate of Loss of Passport from the Shanghai Entry-Exit Administration Bureau and apply to their home country’s embassy and consulates in China for a new one.

International students of Master of Professional Accounting Program for Developing Countries are not allowed to bring their families (including spouses, children, parents, and parents-in-law) or friends. Their family members are not entitled to applying for S1 or S2 visa for a visit to China.

Copyright © Asia-Pacific Finance and Development Center. All Rights Reserved.
Address: 200 Panlong Road, Qingpu District, Shanghai, China.  Postcode: 201702  Tel:86-21-69768000